Eggs-tra traditional paintings

Sunday, April 24, 2011

As soon as the bubbling water finishes boiling the oval white canvases and the colors saturate their intended medium, the child within bursts out the seams. Endless possibilities rattle around in my mind with all sorts of color combinations, a myriad of patterns and designs. The visions begin to form one by one. Each unique and exciting.

Eggs plopping. Crayons silently scraping. Fizzing colors surrounding me. Masterpieces only after awkward transitions and strange beginnings. Exhilaration tingles through me as each egg comes out exactly or better than my imagination had concocted.

Easter eggs...2011


I may or may not have gotten my fingers dyed in this production...
All kidding and frivolity aside. This season always brings to me a renewed remembrance of my Savior, as it is a celebration of His atoning sacrifice and most especially for his resurrection. As my Friend, my Comforter, my Redeemer, my Brother, my Advocate before the Father, He has never let me down. My straying feet have been the cause for separation. Jesus is the Christ. He is risen again. I have no doubt. I look forward to the day I can be in His presence again. In His name, amen.


Image-inations...
  1. This idea came from my cousins/grandma. I saw theirs and asked how they did them. Take a leaf or flower and put it where you want on the egg. Use some extra nylons you won't be wearing anymore, and wrap your egg and leaf inside. Drop into your choice of color and viola! 
  2. Beware...taking the egg out of the nylon requires some sacrifice. Your fingers will get dyed.     The End.
  3. I don't know where I got this picture from, but it was hiding in some pictures I have on my computer. It is a picture painted by Del Parsons. I love this picture because I always imagine Christ being happy! To find out more about what members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints believe go here and here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP