The Path Ahead

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I don't pretend to be a good writer. I just try to make things interesting once in awhile and if it suits me, I share the thoughts and feelings inside me. Feeling very pensive on this fine Sunday morning, this is one of those times.


Sometimes in life the path ahead is unclear to me. Things that happen along the way make me pause and overthink all sorts of nasty thoughts.

The destination is clear.

But there are times when the path has been overgrown by a thicket of doubt or a tree has fallen in front of me that takes much effort and pain to clear.

Since General Conference (2) is coming up this next weekend, I have been pondering a lot of things in my life. God has promised me so many great blessings and given me many blessings that I have done my best to appreciate. But what an impatient creature I am. I want these blessings now. I have not the patience it requires. Because of this impatience...I falter. I stumble. I doubt and fear what is ahead. That maybe I'm not going to receive those blessings after all. 

But God is great. There is no one more trustworthy than God. It is my weakness that bars the way. But it is through His strength that I will overcome.

I may not know my pathway's journey ahead but I do know that God knows it. He is the Master who loves me and will lead me through all that I may encounter. He knows and understands my pain and in Him will I trust. 

D&C 24:8

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -John 16:33

Stuff I used of other peoples
  1.  This very accurate portrayal of my life. (but I'm not sure about the website...seems a little sketchy so beware if you follow the link)
  2. General Conference is a time that we as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints gather in our Conference Center in SLC, or in our homes around televisions, computers, radios, etc to listen to the words of our Prophet, President Monson and other sustained Apostles and General Authorities. To learn more about these men, our church and our beliefs please visit here and here.
  3. I've always had a tender connection to this sweet picture depicting Christ holding this girl in His arms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP