Tuesday, April 3, 2012
As the time approaches that we commemorate the death, atonement, and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ and having just finished with the uplifting words in General Conference (1), I have been super reflective (a lot like a mirror). My buddy Ted and I decided that we were going to make this week meaningful.
A lot like Lent...but not really...we are going to give up the world for a week and focus on the Savior. We decided some parameters and lists of "do"s and "do not"s.
- Get on facebook (that evil social media that hooks you and drags you in...)
- Get on Pinterest (this one will require cold turkey withdrawal for me...and it might get ugly)
- Listen to modern worldly music
- Read secular books
- Watch tv or movies
- Riding his scooter (this was his major sacrifice and I've got the keys...scooter ride anyone??)
- Listen to uplifting, spiritual things
- Read our scriptures with an emphasis on the Savior's last week
- Other constructive, productive activities that are wholesome
1. For those who don't know what General Conference is, it is a time when the leaders of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, have a conference where all gather to listen to what the Prophet and Apostles need to say. To learn more and even better to go listen to their uplifting and inspiring talks go here and here.