Entrails become extrails

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Okay not really. Just an update on my surgically removed lump.

After a drug-induced blackout and a hazy awakening, I found myself in one of those hospital rooms. Yep. One of those. All clean and white.


Clean. Or so you think. Everything has a pristine smell. But beyond the pristine is a reeking chemical smell. Medicines, Clorhexydine, bleach, starch. Leaves a weird taste in everyone's mouth. Beeping, wires, iv catheters, all the weird hospital things.

There's a difference between hospital clean and home clean.

Home clean has a warmth and coziness. Soaps smell of pretty and flowers. All sorts of loveliness makes the home clean like citrus smells, mint smells, lavender smells, even comet has a nice friendly home smell.

Hospital clean isn't warm or cold, it's very detached and isolated. No friendliness in this clean. If not for the nurses and their kindness it would be a grim experience.

Nurses are angels. No doubt about it. Forgoing their own comfort to constantly ensure the comfort and satisfaction of their wards.

If not for the effects of Insanity and P90X workouts and regular running, my recovery would be longer-lasting. With a foundation of abs of steel (insert a small amount of sarcasm...just a small amount though, my doctor said I was the healthiest patient he'd had and he could tell I took care of my body because my muscles were well toned...insert some pride here at this moment...) I am on a fast track to recovery. I think my inability to be an invalid for long and my stubbornness to do things on my own will contribute as well. My main thing now is to NOT overdo it.  Easier said than done.

In which case my entrails would become my extrails...
All kidding aside. The doctor found endometriosis on both of my ovaries. I should've been in more pain than I was in (what can I say? I have a high pain tolerance). On the left ovary that they left inside me, he burned it off and took the entire dermoid cyst, right ovary, and the endometriosis out. Besides they found a fibroid on the front of my uterus. With all that was going on in my reproductive organs, there are some interesting future implications. I hope that I will have the faith and enduring strength for that future.

Pictures that aren't mine
  1. Hospital room (not exactly what I was in but you get the idea).


2 comments:

Matt February 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM  

I think you should post the new and improved photo of your cyst. ;o)

Ashley Crook February 15, 2012 at 10:12 AM  

Ah ha ha ha! I will have to see if I can manage it! I'm sure everyone needs a good laugh.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP